Facing Environmental Litigation?
While most clients and colleagues know Vineland attorney Louis Charles Shapiro as a successful criminal trial lawyer, what most people don’t know is that he began his career as a lawyer practicing environmental law, beginning with his federal judicial clerkship and then as part of his tenure with a large, prestigious Philadelphia law firm.
Mr. Shapiro gained valuable experience on behalf of small businesses and large corporations in matters involving the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in state and federal courts and agencies.
If you or your business face an investigation or the threat of litigation in a state or federal administrative enforcement proceeding or court in either New Jersey or Pennsylvania, you already know that the stakes are high. That’s why you and your business need an attorney who has the experience of working for a large firm, has performed at the highest level, has the ability to conduct superior legal research, and produces outstanding written work.
Experience In Environmental Law
Now, in his solo practice, Louis Charles Shapiro can harmonize these valuable skills with his zealous background and success as a trial lawyer — a rare combination not often seen in large law firms. Environmental enforcement actions can affect your livelihood or the viability of your company. It is important to understand that not all cases settle out of court. You need a lawyer who can take a case to trial if necessary.
Louis Charles Shapiro, P.A., can provide representation to businesses and individuals in the following areas:
- Civil and criminal environmental enforcement actions in state and federal courts and agencies
- Litigation under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Toxic Substances Control Act, and New Jersey and state law equivalents
- Litigation of actions relating to private cost recovery and cleanup cost allocation
- Natural resource damages claims
- Insurance policy and coverage litigation relating to environmental claims
- Representation relating to toxic tort claims