If you have ever had a criminal defense lawyer represent you in a criminal case, or hired one for a family member, perhaps you encountered a lawyer who claimed he or she could get your case dismissed. That’s improper, but some lawyers do it anyway to lure you in. And when the case didn’t just get dismissed, and the lawyer did little to no work to put up a vigorous defense, you or your loved one were probably and understandably dissatisfied. When you hire a lawyer, you need to understand the reality of the criminal justice system. Cases just don’t get dismissed. Evidence doesn’t just get tossed out of a case every day by trial judges. This isn’t TV. This is real life. And to put up a solid defense in a criminal case takes effort, solid legal research, strategy, time and patience.
If you or someone close to you has been arrested or is awaiting trial in state court for a murder, an assault, a sex crime, robbery, a weapons offense or a drug crime, you should know the challenges you face. You may be facing a lengthy prison term, a substantial fine, a criminal record, and strict probation or parole conditions upon your release. These possibilities mean that you need to take action, and do it quickly, and rely on the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney. Louis Charles Shapiro was named a Certified Criminal Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification in 2009. He knows how to safeguard the interests of defendants facing life-changing convictions on charges such as homicide, weapons violations, sexual assault, robbery, drug crimes and juvenile offenses. He also represents people fighting traffic tickets and other matters in municipal court.
The sooner you contact Mr. Shapiro regarding your case, the sooner he can get to work on your behalf. Call him today in Vineland at (856)691-6800, or complete and submit your information online. Your initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation to you.
Rely On The Firm To Stand Up For You And Your Rights
As your lawyer, Louis Charles Shapiro safeguards your interests from arrest to outcome in felony and misdemeanor cases such as:
- Homicide — In-depth investigation, tireless motion practice, suppression hearings and effective trial preparation
- Weapons offenses — When charges arise out of alleged gang activity, weapons possession without a permit, weapons trafficking and felon in possession
- Sexual assault — Including rape, domestic abuse and accusations of child molestation and endangerment
- Robbery — Defense of charges, including armed robbery, strong-arm robbery, carjacking, theft, burglary, trespassing and home invasion
- Drug crimes — For people charged with possessing, distributing, manufacturing, cultivating and importing controlled substances such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, prescription drugs and party drugs
- Juvenile crimes — Ranging from property crimes and disorderly conduct to disturbing the peace, underage drinking, theft and vandalism as well as more serious charges that are pending in family court
- Municipal court — Traffic crimes, DUI and marijuana possession under 50 grams
When the Louis Charles Shapiro, P.A., law firm is retained to represent you or a loved one, you can rest assured that every weapon in Mr. Shapiro’s arsenal will be used to improve your legal position — from arrest, to pretrial release, before and during trial, and on appeal. Throughout the legal process, you will benefit from Mr. Shapiro’s legal knowledge and thoughtful recommendations, honest answers to your questions and openness to your ideas for the proper course of action.
Mr. Shapiro comes from a long line of attorneys. In fact, he is a third-generation lawyer in his family. He is the man to see in South Jersey for serious criminal defense.
Contact The Firm For A Free Consultation
To set up a free in-person consultation, call (856)691-6800. You can also email the firm your contact information.